Tip #7 Containing Clutter




One of the things I found that helps reduce dust in my house is to keep everything organized and enclosed. 
 
I found CD containers from IKEA, and they're cheap! I think I paid $3.99 for the two pack. They have a lot of fun colors which are important to an Interior designer! 
 
I have a stand that holds my TV and underneath are several different shelves, which I put the boxes in. I have my music organized according to category (I worked in a music store while I was in college, so it's habit to keep it categorized and alphabetized.)
 
It works out great, the TV stand is easy to keep clean, the surfaces wipe right off. And the boxes keep everything organized and it really reduces the dust - which is one of my worst asthma triggers. 

Of course, I pull the boxes out and dust the shelves and tops of the boxes. Anything I can do to cut down on triggers for our asthma, I will do it. It seems to work better than a bunch of CD's on a shelf collecting dust. 
 
But, do whatever works for your home or apartment.

Organizing doesn't have to be expensive. I like IKEA because I am in my 'modern' phase of decorating my home. It's a fun store, but a oversized warehouse, so wear comfortable shoes if you go. 
 
And take a snack and water bottle. Really.

Funny thing is, every time we are on the freeway, my husband all of a sudden wants to talk to me about something important-just as we're passing the exit to IKEA. Hhmm, that sounds coincidental, doesn't it?!
 
I think he's been dragged through there one too many times. And even the kids roll their eyes when I say, "I just want to take a quick look......"
 
They know me all too well.
 
Anyway, just one more easy idea to control clutter and reduce dust.
 
Happy shopping!




Comments