Happy 4th of July-no fireworks for us!!!






This was the extent of our fireworks this year-snappers! We could still have fun, but I didn't want the smoke from the fireworks this year. At last count, there were 11 fires burning in our state. Our valley has been very smokey lately and yesterday was a "red air quality" day. To find out more about air quality, click here. 

Smoke from fireworks + smoke from forest fires = VERY unhappy lungs. I was miserable last night and went to bed early.  Of course it's hard to sleep when others are still setting off fireworks at 1:00 in the morning....

This morning some places in the state actually had rain! Yes!!!!! This is a big deal since we haven't had rain here in over 36 days. Those dry conditions are why we have so many fires here now.

I hope the rest of you with asthma were okay during the 4th of July. I don't want to be a party pooper, but there's only so much smoke a girl's lungs can take. The poppers were fine for our family, and we could see other fireworks up in the sky.

I'm still not feeling well today, it's amazing how your whole body feels terrible when you aren't getting the oxygen you need. I love my lungs-please keep working! And please keep raining. I would love to take a big, deep breath of fresh air!







Comments