Traveling with asthma






 


It's always exciting traveling with asthma and allergies. I just finished a week long conference on the other side of the country, and what a long week!

I made sure I had my maintenance medication AND I took it every morning, I didn't want to have problems with my asthma and not be near my doctor. So it was important to me that I stay on my routine. I also packed my rescue inhaler as well as my Epi Pen (since I also have a seafood allergy.)

I was worried about going through security checkpoints through multiple airports. They are so strict about what you can bring on board an airplane, I had to make sure my fingernail clippers were taken out of my luggage. But they allow an Epi Pen with a nice sharp needle on the end.

I'm glad they understand that an Epi Pen can mean the difference between life and death with those of us who have food allergies. I wasn't about to put that in my checked luggage.

On the last leg home on my flight, the overhead bins on the plane were too full, so they made us check our carry on bags. Once again, I made sure my inhaler and Epi Pen were safely in my purse.

Ah, the joys of always being on guard and trying to prevent asthma and anaphylaxis. 

As Dorothy from Wizard of Oz says, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home!"



Comments