Credit card sized inhaler

(http://www.slashgear.com/asthma-inhaler-prototype-is-nearly-as-slim-as-a-credit-card-22428521/)

What IS that silver thing sticking out of the wallet in the screenshot? Why it's an inhaler of course! Silly you, anyone can see that!

This story was shared by Allergy & Asthma Network on their Facebook page last week.

I read the article and saw the photos and thought, "Come again? What?"

The Bloom Inhaler holds 6 puffs from your regular inhaler. The idea behind this is you pre-load 6 doses into this credit card sized inhaler and leave your regular sized inhaler at home. Hmmmm.

How does it work? Slash Gear says:

"The user inserts the regular inhaler’s canister into Bloom’s matching port and depresses it six times, loading six doses into the slim inhaler. A hermetic seal prevents it from leaking back out, says the company. When the inhaler is needed, the user depresses the upper button and inhales the medication like normal...." 

This is a screenshot from Slash Gear's website:

It's a skinny little thing that is about as thick as 5 credit cards, so it could fit nicely in your wallet. They say it has been tested and is expected to be approved by the FDA in November. Cost should be  $40.


What do you think? Would you use it? It is kind of cool.....



 

Comments

  1. I would, I have mastered the open mouth technique. My only concern is it clogging or me forgetting to refill it. I have had alot of problems with pro air clogging so my pulmonologist gives in prior authorization for xopenex. Only thing about xopenex is it doesn't have a dose counter, that and proventil. I switched from advair to dulera and it is working much better!!! Apparently the particles are smaller in dulera and can get deeper in the lung. I heard proair is going generic in december, but I though TEVA it's manufacturer was a generic company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ProAir also comes as dry powder. Maybe that would be an option so it doesn't clog?

      My son has a dry powder ProAir. It's just like maintenance dry powder medicines, it loads as soon as you remove the cap.

      You can ask him about it and see if it will help :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love gadgets so I don't think I can resist. Just like the Auvi-Q, the epinephrine auto-injector that has been recently recalled, the size is very attractive to my teens. Can't wait to check this out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love gadgets so I don't think I can resist. Just like the Auvi-Q, the epinephrine auto-injector that has been recently recalled, the size is very attractive to my teens. Can't wait to check this out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look pretty cool. It would take up less room so maybe a teen would be willing to slip it into a pocket and not have the bulky inhaler.

      Let me know if your teens like it!

      Delete

Post a Comment